WREP-TV Channel 25

Kevin Vahey kvahey@comcast.net
Sat Nov 21 09:58:34 EST 2009

Another UHF with a curious history was WREP-TV Channel 25 which never
made it on the air.

However I visited their studios in 1968 on Comm Ave in Allston and
everything was ready to go. The studio was operational.

I don't know if they ran out of money but they wound up giving the
license back and a few years later Pat Robinson put WXNE on the air.

The CE of WREP would later hire me at WSMW. He remembered my visiting
the facility but I can't recall why they never went on the air.