The new WGBH lineup

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@mail.com
Tue Nov 17 19:29:17 EST 2009

I was curious to see what would be replacing the blues and folk shows on WGBH next month so I used the search feature on
their schedule page. For the first Saturday in December, they list This American Life at noon followed by On the Media at 1,
Celtic Sojourn at 3, Prairie Home at 6, Says You! at 8, then Jazz with Bob Parlocha at 10 pm.

For weekdays I went to Dec 1 and 2 and found they still had classical listed 9 am to 4 pm but by Friday Dec 4 you see
such things as blank spaces between 12-3 pm (still being worked out?) and: The Takeaway at 9 am, Diane Rehm at 10am,
Fresh Air at 2 pm, and The World at 3 pm. The World also airs a bit later, I think. Eli P. noted that there's some
duplication with WBUR.

So, cost-cutting by getting rid of some local hosts...and other changes, the biggest of course being the migration of
classical to 99.5. An effort (facebook group, etc.) to try to change their minds about losing the folk and blues
shows is underway but we don't know if it will succeed.