WGIR vs WHEB Question

Jim Hall aerie.ma@comcast.net
Wed Nov 11 10:15:01 EST 2009

The mountain is Uncanoonuc.

http://www.nelsap.org/nh/uncanoonuc.html
http://www.gotopinardville.com/uncanoonuc_mountains.htm

-----Original Message-----
From: boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.org
[mailto:boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.org] On Behalf Of
Dan.Strassberg
Sent: Wednesday, November 11, 2009 9:48 AM
To: Jeff Lehmann; 'Paul B. Walker, Jr.'; 'bri'
Subject: Re: WGIR vs WHEB Question

I've mastered Asnebumskit (Paxton MA) and I'm part way to getting
Neutaconconaut (not sure of the spelling, but I know it's in Johnston
RI) but I haven't a clue about the name of the mountain or hill that
is home to several Manchester FMs plus Channel "9" (RF 59 according to
the software I'm using but the software may be out of date because I
thought 59 was in the group of channels that was auctioned off for
non-TV uses) or the name of the town in which that site is located. I
do believe the name of the hill/mountain is a polysyllabic
native-American name, however. Anyhow, isn't WGIR-FM on that same
mountain/hill? And if so, shouldn't the first thing to do be to check
out WZID, which is also there (if not on the same tower, then, on a
tower that is quite close by)? If you have similar troubles receiving
both stations, the problem is topography. I'm hoping that even if this
post doesn't bring an answer to Paul's reception question, it will
bring an answer to my name the mountain/town question.

-----
Dan Strassberg (dan.strassberg@att.net)
eFax 1-707-215-6367