WHDH w/Message Slide...No, Now Blank Screen! (Was: TV viewers ...)

Kaimbridge M. GoldChild Kaimbridge@gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 11:10:06 EST 2009

Larry Weil wrote,

 >At 9:49 AM -0500 11/9/09, Mark Casey wrote:
 >
 >>Channel 7 has moved and is, or has made the move to 42 permanent.
 >>Would they be willing to go back to 7 if given more power?
 >
 >Right now  WHDH-DT is still simulcasting on 7 and 42, but that
 >will end soon I've been told, possibly in a week or two they
 >will be tuning off 7.

Actually, as of last night by about 11:05pm, 7.1 (really 7.3?)
was running an audio announcement with slide saying they were
switching to Ch.42 and that you need to rescan, but 7.2 was
still running This-TV with no advisory.
They were still that way at 6:30am this morning, then, when I
just checked at about 9:53am, they suddenly went to a blank
screen (both 7.1 and 7.2): The interesting thing is, the
Insignia box shows full signal strength, but yet the
"No Signal" icon is bouncing around the screen with no PSIP
station data!(?)
Would they pull the plug this soon or are they just trying
to tie in 7.2 to the advisory?
Anyone know the exact time (and date, if not today) they are
shutting it down?

      ~Kaimbridge~

-----
      Wikipedia—Contributor Home Page: