Larry Glick

Lou lspin@comcast.net
Sun Mar 29 20:14:06 EDT 2009

Joe,
What a great Glick story!  I (and I'm sure many others) would absolutely love to hear that tape!

-Lou

-----Original Message-----
From: boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.org [mailto:boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.org] On Behalf Of Joe Corcoran
Sent: Saturday, March 28, 2009 8:24 PM

One of my great memories of Larry was pulling an all night shift (after doing afternoon drive, my regular shift) on a 250 watt graveyarder in Rhode Island during a winter ice storm a month before the blizzard of 78.  We were running on generator since our entire coverage area was out of power.  All night we were taking calls from listeners, passing along info and keeping them awake to feed fireplaces to stay warm.  We had no call screener and were simply punching up lines live on the air (no delay).  Somwhere around 3 a.m., I punch up the next line, and it's Larry Glick on BZ.  He had heard about what we were doing from someone who called him, so he dialed us up.  We wound up doing a half hour together, live on both stations.  I still have the show on a 7 inch reel somewhere.  Should dump it to digital before the tape disintegrates!

Joe Corcoran