CBC announces cuts

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Sat Mar 28 18:30:15 EDT 2009

Richard Chonak wrote:

> Current is, um, helping the cause of international peace right now by
> recently letting a crew fall into the hands of the North Korean regime
> and be held as hostages.

I'm reasonably certain that Current doesn't employ any crews of its own,
and that the two individuals being held by the North Koreans are
freelancers who happen to have sold some material to Current at some point.

It's incredibly rare at this point to find any international news crews
who aren't freelancers; this surely doesn't make it any easier for any
of them (the freelancers, that is) when they get into political trouble.