Station Call-Sign Acronym across two calls signs (AM&FM) Old WSCV&WSLE

John Bolduc n1qgs@yahoo.com
Fri Mar 27 13:56:29 EDT 2009

Back in the 1970's Peterborough NH had a now defunct AM station on 1050 AM and it's FM simulcasting cousin at 92.1, WSLE.

Now many stations can spit out a 4 letter acronym, such as WSMN equals Weather, Sports, Music & News.

But how many stations can spit out an eight letter acronym.

What did WSCV WSLE stand for.

We Serve Contookcook Valley With Superior Listening Entertainment.

I doubt the calls signs were picked to fit the acronym, they acronym was probably made to fit the calls signs.  This was around the time when Fritz Wetherbee was working there.

John B
N1QGS
Londonderry