Change in New York Radio (again)

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Wed Mar 11 19:41:01 EDT 2009

<<On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 18:21:20 -0500, "A. Joseph Ross" <Joe@attorneyross.com> said:

> In this day and age, there are a lot more of us over-50 types than
> there are young whippersnappers.  And more of us have money.

Sorry, Joe, but it's not even close.  According to the most recent
census data available (which is a couple of years old), there are
approximately 225 million people over the age of 18 in this country.
Of that group, more than 156 million, or 69%, are under 55.  The
55-plus population is just under 69 million.  As a fraction of the
whole U.S. population, that's 25% under-18s, 52% 18-54s, and 23% 55
and over.

Unfortunately, I don't know an easy way to find out the share of
national wealth held by each of those groups.

-GAWollman