Older demos - WAS: Change in New York Radio (again)

'iraapple' iraapple@comcast.net
Wed Mar 11 11:30:43 EDT 2009

An interesting article on this subject is contained in Strategy+Business
Magazine.  http://www.strategy-business.com/registration

If you go to that URL you will have to register to read  "50+plus: A Market
That Marketers Still Miss"

Here is a brief quote:

"Marketing assumptions are part of the problem.  Marketers are convinced
that mature consumers are brand loyal and stuck in the ways. They grasp that
boomers have money to spend, but do not understand the impact of longevity
on spending.  In fact, at 50 or 60, with 20 to 30 years of good health
ahead, boomers represent a renewed chance at lifetime customer value"

Ira Apple