Alex Langer Launching Brazilian Programming On WJOE

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Tue Mar 10 23:22:15 EDT 2009

<<On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 23:01:14 -0400, "Doug Drown" <revdoug1@myfairpoint.net> said:

> Just curious .  .  . how do I know the name Steve Silverberg?

Steven Silberberg is an attorney with offices at 288 South River Road
in Bedford, N.H.  He is the long-time owner of Northeast Broadcasting
(WXRV 92.5 Andover, WNCS 104.7 Burlington), and has at various points
owned a dozen or so other stations in northern and central New England
and in Wyoming.  He currently owns 700 and 99.9 in Athol, my namesake
station in Gardner, two FMs and a translator in New Hampshire, five
AMs and at least six FMs in Vermont, and I haven't kept track of the
Wyoming stuff.

I have heard him referred to as "Crazy Steve" by former employees.

-GAWollman