Change in New York Radio (again)

Jeff Lehmann jjlehmann@comcast.net
Tue Mar 10 22:13:52 EDT 2009

> I find that interesting, because my wife & I have noticed over the past
> few weeks that 103.3 is now playing older songs i.e. much earlier in the
> 60's than they have in the past couple of years.  Example: "Beyond The
> Sea" by Bobby Darin.  That would attract those pesky 54+ demos (I'm 61)
> like moths to a porch light.

They're probably only playing songs like that on "Oh Wow Wednesday" or "Oh
Wow Weekends." Which features that have begun since Christmas, I believe.
There's also sometimes a surprise on "Turn Table Tuesday," where they'll
actually play a song off vinyl.

They're also playing more 80s songs lately, during the regular format, and
especially during the syndicated Tom Kent show at night.

Jeff Lehmann
Hanson, MA