Fitchburg: 1280 Tax Trouble?

mrschuyler@aol.com mrschuyler@aol.com
Fri Mar 6 16:35:11 EST 2009

I spotted something in the local paper that has me worried about AM 1280 the Blend, a/k/a WEIM. Page 19 of the Friday, March 6 Sentinel & Enterprise is entirely given over to a list of properties which the Cty of Fitchburg's tax collector intends to take back because of taxes owed.?Among them: the studio location and the transmitter site for WEIM.

According to the Public Notice, William J. Macek (a/k/a Bill Marshall, IIRC),?as trustee of Rosewood Realty Trust, owes $1,216.13 for the cramped studio building, which sits on 0.165 acres at 762 Water Street across from the Salvation Army, for Fiscal Year 2008.? Additionally, $6,003.09 is owed for the same period on the nearly 24 acre transmitter site up on Alpine Road.

Oddly, WEIM is one of the few AM stations around which doesn't tax my ears or patience.

---jim schuyler
pop culture vulture