Radio Disney

Paul Anderson paulranderson@charter.net
Thu Mar 5 20:48:39 EST 2009

On Mar 3, 2009, at 4:10 PM, Laurence Glavin wrote:

> This is something that HAS to happen, and soon.  People are searching
> for ways to economize everywhere they can;  WTKK's Jim and Marjorie
> show discussed people who take sugar and condiment packs home from
> restaurants (for today shouldn't it have been the Jim and Margarine
> show).
> Just about everyone who gets basic cable is paying for dozens of
> channels
> he or she never watches, even whole tiers of channels.

So if only 25% of cable subscribers take a particular channel, does
that mean they have to pay four times as much as the current rate
charged?  I would expect a large number of cable "networks" would go
under with the a-la-carte model.

I actually enjoy having a large number of channels available, as
sometimes good programs show up on channels I don't usually watch.  On
the other hand, I would drop "networks" such as the Golf Channel and
MTV and whatever one carries racing, in an instant.  Plus every home
shopping channel.  I would not be allowed to cancel the Disney Channel
or Nickelodeon.

Paul