advertisers

Howard Glazer hmglaz@worldnet.att.net
Tue Mar 3 12:35:42 EST 2009

Yet Limbaugh, O'Reilly and, especially, Savage are just as controversial on
the "other" side as the Air America hosts were on theirs. Why didn't the
advertisers shy away from those shows from the start, sinking them the way
they apparently sank Air America? Is the brand-loyal portion of the audience
overwhelmingly conservative? (Could be. I've often heard that Nascar's big
appeal to corporate America is that its fans will blindly buy whatever
product is splashed on their favorite drivers' hoods -- as if Jeff Gordon
actually _likes_ Tide. <rolls eyes>) Or is the liberal philosophy simply
considered anti-corporate at heart?

I lean liberal, but I hardly ever listen to talk radio, and when I do, it's
usually to Rush or Savage, just to see what the other side is saying. It
doesn't have anything to do with entertainment value, it's more that I don't
need to hear someone on the radio telling me things I already know or
offering me opinions I already have. The whole "ditto-head" phenomenon
baffles me. Does it baffle some conservatives, too?

Howard