FD - Can we move on already

Mark Laurence marklaurence@mac.com
Mon Mar 2 13:26:47 EST 2009

On Monday, March 02, 2009, at 12:16PM, "Bob Nelson" <raccoonradio@gmail.com> wrote:

>The day NPR gets conservative political talk (equal to liberal talk)
>is the day we will indeed be fair and balanced :) Political talk that
>attracts listeners and advertisers, not mandated
>by Big Brother.

I suppose if you include a smiley face, you can always say "Hey, just kidding!"

But who exactly are these polemic liberals on NPR?  I'm not talking about some vague idea of how the stories are chosen or what points are emphasized in the news, I want to know who exactly on WBUR is the left's equivalent of Limbaugh?  Or Hannity?  Or Savage?  Or Severin?  Or any of the other conservative talkers who forcefully advocate for their agenda every hour they're on the air?  Wherever you get the idea that "NPR" is some kind of equivalent to this, I just don't hear it.