Follow-up To NERW Piece On W221CH

Bill O'Neill billohno@gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 15:48:22 EST 2009

Sid Schweiger wrote:
> The contract stipulated that only certain AFTRA-represented employees could do the IDs (the DJs could not do them, only "staff announcers," many of whom also worked overnight news shifts on WABC).

When I was at 'HDH one of the things I ended up doing was the staff
announcer duties after that fateful day when the Amazing Jim Sands was
replaced with <ack> "The Sounds of Sinatra" with Sid Marks. Instead of a
tech to run the platters and drop in the spots they needed a staff
announcer due to the contract.

Bill O'Neill