Chad Finn of The Boston Globe's take on local sports-radio competition

Sid Schweiger sid@wrko.com
Sun Mar 1 15:03:45 EST 2009

>>I have no clue if anyone listens to Radio Disney. Radio ratings don't
count anyone under 12. I do know they have never shown in the Boston
book.<<

They had a 0.1 share in the Fall 2008 book (12+).

>>It must be making money for the Mouse as they held on to stations
carrying the format.<<

Making money and/or getting ratings matters not in the least to the Radio Disney group.  The stations push the Disney brand, with the hope that children will pressure their parents into listening, and therefore expose them to Disney's theme parks, resorts, merchandise, etc.

Sid Schweiger
IT Manager, Entercom New England
20 Guest St / 3d Floor
Brighton MA  02135-2040