The courtship of NBC by the Hearld-Traveler

Doug Drown revdoug1@myfairpoint.net
Sat Jun 20 17:07:13 EDT 2009

>> Of course WHDH finally became CBS a couple of years later and NBC did
>> sniff at channel 7 as a possible O&O.

Oh, yes.  I said that it went right down to the wire.  A date for the
WNAC-WRC swap had been set, and when TV Guide published its regional issue
for Eastern New England that week, it listed WNAC as Boston's CBS affiliate
and WBZ with NBC, but said there was a strong possibility, as of press time,
that the two would switch networks in the week to come.  I wish I still had
a copy of that issue.  I remember it very clearly.   -Doug

They did more than just sniff -