Frank Luther

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@mail.com
Sat Jun 20 02:57:03 EDT 2009

The experimental/collage sound band Negativland, from the San Francisco Bay Area, did a cover of a "song" Luther
did called Happy The Harmonica (they threw in sound effects, bits of the "plop plop, fizz fizz" Alka Seltzer
jingle, etc.). I have never heard the Luther original but the Negativland version can be found on YouTube.
David Wills of Negativland also used to play tapes of his mother, recorded at home, on KPFA in Berkeley and at
one point David's mother sings a bit of a Luther song: "It's only me from over the sea, said Barnacle
Bill the Sailor". Luther's original is on YouTube (a 78 on the Brunswick label).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNLcNwUznqg

Also some of the original albums have popped up on Ebay.