WHDH-DT Now Simulcasting

Larry Weil kc1ih@mac.com
Wed Jun 17 10:34:50 EDT 2009

At 1:48 AM -0400 6/17/09, A. Joseph Ross wrote:
>On 17 Jun 2009 at 0:18, Dave Doherty wrote:
>
>  > > News story today on WBZ (AM) about Worcester residents having major
>  >>
>>  We don't do much better with the FM signals around here. IBOC is
>>  problematic, and we are on the hairy edge of analog reception from Pru
>>  and FM128 in many places. WBUR is unlistenable in many sections of
>>  town, and we have no local NPR affiliate. WGBH - at 100kW - is better
>>  in some places but still not very reliable.
>
>Doesn't WFCR come in well?  It comes in up to about Route 128.

And I believe WAMC and WHUS are other public radio signals that come
in well in parts, if not most, of Worcester county.  Of course
there's WICN and WCUW.  And in northern Worcester County they should
get NH Public Radio on 88.3 from Nashua.  But I guess to the WBZ
people non-Boston stations don't exist!
--
Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH