WHDH-DT Now Simulcasting

Dave Doherty dave@skywaves.net
Wed Jun 17 00:18:47 EDT 2009

> News story today on WBZ (AM) about Worcester residents having major
> problems receiving Digital TV stations after 6/12.

No big surprise there. Much of Worcester is blocked from line of sight.

We don't do much better with the FM signals around here. IBOC is
problematic, and we are on the hairy edge of analog reception from Pru and
FM128 in many places. WBUR is unlistenable in many sections of town, and we
have no local NPR affiliate. WGBH - at 100kW - is better in some places but
still not very reliable.

I cannot believe the city hasn't opened up cable to competition from FiOS,
cable overbuilds, or whatever.  Maybe this will be the trigger.  Oops, there
I go again, thinking logically...

-d