Digital TV Conversion - CH9 WMUR Manchester NH

Mike Ward mward@iname.com
Sun Jun 14 18:49:44 EDT 2009

Jeff Lehmann wrote:
> Yes these boxes are still available, just a slightly different version than
> when they first came out. The only difference that I know of is that they
> now pass through the analog signals. Most reports from the other TV Dxers
> that I've seen seem to agree that this is one of the best ones out there.
> I'm not sure what the exact model number of the Insignia is, but the Zenith
> is the DTT901, where the first version was the DTT900.

The Insignia pass-through update/901 clone is the NS-DXA1-APT.  Same as
the original, except for the pass-through capabilities and "APT" model
number.

I have two of these boxes, and they are highly recommended by me and
many others.

Our Fox former-O&O/now-affiliate WJW "Fox 8" moved from a strong signal
on RF 31 to a not as strong signal on RF 8, and the Insignia box does a
much better job with WJW than the built-in tuner in my HDTV, just one
room away.

The Insignia box is indeed a full electronic and physical clone of the
Zenith.  It is NOT unmitigated junk like most of the stuff Best Buy
sells under that house brand.

And Mr. Fybush has even lent me his Zenith remote when I left mine at
home...