Digital TV Conversion - CH9 WMUR Manchester NH

Jeff Lehmann jjlehmann@comcast.net
Sun Jun 14 12:21:35 EDT 2009

> My Insignia box from Best Buy (actually a rebranded Zenith) allows
> one to manually tune the channels.  So if you know the actual RF
> channel of a station you want to try to receive, you can tune the box
> to that channel and then experiment with the antenna(s) to your
> heart's content.  There's even a signal strength indicator that shows
> when you are in the manual tune mode which is very nice.  Note that I
> bought this box when the coupons first came out, I don't know if it's
> still available.

Yes these boxes are still available, just a slightly different version than
when they first came out. The only difference that I know of is that they
now pass through the analog signals. Most reports from the other TV Dxers
that I've seen seem to agree that this is one of the best ones out there.
I'm not sure what the exact model number of the Insignia is, but the Zenith
is the DTT901, where the first version was the DTT900.

Jeff Lehmann
Hanson, MA