Digital TV Conversion - CH9 WMUR Manchester NH

Mark Laurence marklaurence@mac.com
Sun Jun 14 08:39:18 EDT 2009

On Jun 14, 2009, at 12:06 AM, Matthew Osborne wrote:

> Has anyone else here tried the old-fashioned rabbit ears with a UHF
> loop antenna and built-in fine tuning antenna approach yet?  I
> don't know how distant I could go and still get the reception I get
> now with this, but its worked well for me so far.

I've tried the UHF loop, a top-rated indoor antenna, and a large
rooftop-style antenna that's in my attic.  The attic antenna works
best, but they all have similar results.  In or near Boston, you can
get a dozen signals.  But if you're trying to pick up stations in
several markets, or something beyond 20-25 miles, it can take hours
of trial and error.   The way most TVs or converters work, the screen
goes blank while they're scanning, and then you're limited to the
stations that were picked up in the last scan.