Digital TV Conversion

Matthew Reed mkr@matthewsworkbench.com
Fri Jun 12 12:33:32 EDT 2009

Bob Nelson wrote:
> I was in Rutland VT a couple days before Burlington switched off and the WCAX/3
> newscast mentioned the nightlight feature. They also had a map showing
> what areas the new digital signal would cover.

The WCAX nightlight was mostly the National Association of Broadcasters
video demonstrating (in both English and Spanish) setting up a converter
box. WCAX interspersed that with their own video showing that coverage
map and pointing out that many of their analog viewers wouldn't be able
to receive the digital signal. WCAX interrupted the video loop to run
their news broadcasts and also "Across the Fence."

--
Matthew Reed
http://www.matthewsworkbench.com