Digital TV Conversion

Jeff Lehmann jjlehmann@comcast.net
Fri Jun 12 12:43:38 EDT 2009

> > Those are the shutdown times that the stations filed with the FCC.
> > The Commission did not require precise-to-the-minute times, just an
> > indication of which quarter of the day.  Where did radio-info get
> > their times?
>
> They were just posted by "bostonmediaguy," so nothing official. An
> engineer from WBZ/WSBK posted those same times for WBZ and WSBK on the
> AVS forums, so those are most likely accurate. The time for WBZ is when
> the regular programming ends, and nightlight begins.

Well so far the end of analog has been a bust here in the Boston area. WGBH
did not end regular programming at 11:59 AM. WBZ did go to nightlight at
12:30, but with absolutely no fanfare at all. Thanks for nothing WBZ... and
I won't be expecting anything from 38 at 1 PM either.

It's nice to see on youtube some of the stations (owned by smaller
companies) in other markets actually taking the time to acknowledge the
historical significance of the event. One of the best I've seen so far is
WFSB-3 in Hartford.

Jeff Lehmann
Hanson, MA