...and speaking of anniversaries...

Rick Kelly rickkelly@gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 23:41:50 EDT 2009

A couple of brief corrections, as I recall:

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 11:20 PM, Dave Doherty<dave@skywaves.net> wrote:
> and AFAIK WTRY didn't have an FM partner again until the
> consolidation movement in the 90's.

Actually, 106.5FM licensed to Albany, WDKC was owned by Kops-Monahan
(along with WTRY) signed on in the late 1960's - later changed calls
briefly to WTRY-FM (and then to WHSH, then to WPYX)

> In the late 1950's, I went to the
> WTRI-FM site on Heldeberg Mountain with my Dad, and I recall the tower
> sections stacked on the ground with the weeds growing up over them.

You're thinking of the Channel 35 (WTRI-TV) tower site on Bald
Mountain in Brunswick, NY outside of Troy (called Bald Hill by Scott).
 We'd ride our bikes up the mountain and spend the day up there in my
teen years.  the pieces of the Channel 35 towers were still up there
(late 1960's).

-Rick Kelly
www.northeastairchecks.com