WLNE (was WBZ-TV Anniversary)

Mike Ward mward@iname.com
Wed Jun 10 16:53:08 EDT 2009

Dan.Strassberg wrote:
> Wouldn't that have to be WPLR-TV, since the WPLR (FM) calls have been in
> New Haven forever.  My search showed calls of KDNL-TV for Channel 30 in
> St Louis, but that would probably the RF channel and maybe you weren't
> talking about the RF channel.

Nope, it is indeed KDLR-TV, analog 30, that's the ABC affiliate with no
news in St. Louis.

The other ABC affiliate without news?  WXLV/45 in the
Greensboro/Winston-Salem market...and in what should be no surprise to
anyone who even casually watches the TV business, both stations are
owned by Sinclair.

WXLV was the Fox affiliate in the Triad until the network moved to
WGHP/8 in that whole Fox/New World deal that eventually made WGHP an O&O.

WXLV tried news on and off, but it never held.