750

Mark Laurence marklaurence@mac.com
Wed Jun 10 01:50:46 EDT 2009

-----Original Message-----
From: A. Joseph Ross <joe@attorneyross.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 10, 2009 1:15 AM
To: Mark Laurence <marklaurence@mac.com>
Cc: Boston Radio Group <boston-radio-interest@lists.BostonRadio.org>
Subject: Re: 750

On 9 Jun 2009 at 9:27, Mark Laurence wrote:

> The rise of TV news was harsh on evening newspapers, and so was the
> shift from public transportation to commuting by car to more suburban
> locations.  At the same time fewer people were taking the train home,
> traffic was making it more difficult to get the evening paper
> delivered on time.

This is all true, except that the Post -- which I remember well --
was a morning paper.

Oh.  Heh, I guess that blows that theory.  My newspaper reading didn't start until all those evening papers, and the Post, had disappeared, although I do remember the Evening Globe for a few years.  I think I have the Boston Post confused with the Worcester Evening Post, which I never read either, but whose masthead survived in small type on the front page of the Evening Gazette for many years after its death.