WBZ-TV Anniversary

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Wed Jun 10 01:24:18 EDT 2009

<<On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 00:47:39 -0400, Donna Halper <dlh@donnahalper.com> said:

> Don't get me started.  I've offered for years to write their
> history-- I even compiled a very thorough timeline, but there was
> never much interest, sad to say. I guess the CBS management doesn't
> see the value in remembering one's history.

I doubt the current CBS management thinks about history at all.
(Among many other things that also don't increase advertising sales.)

On the other hand, sometimes they do spend money for reasons that seem
hard to explain.  Earlier today (actually yesterday now) I got a tour
of the new WBBM-TV studios in Chicago, and that facility looks like a
palace, especially considering that they're doing well on those nights
when they come in third.  (Another engineer with us noted that
market-leading WLS-TV can get ratings just by turning the carrier on.)

-GAWollman