WBZ-TV Anniversary

Maureen Carney m_carney@yahoo.com
Tue Jun 9 22:55:30 EDT 2009

Today is the 61st anniversary of WBZ 4's debut. I remember back 25-30 years ago they made a big deal about it, with a special and congratulatory messages from NBC personalities. (I remember one with David Letterman - that tells you how long ago it was!) Why would they want to remember the old days with Group W and NBC, not to mention all the on-air personalities they let go in the last few years?

I know that WHDH won't have anything next week - they never did anything even when they were WNAC and were owned by RKO General.