Little-noted callsign change

Kevin Vahey kvahey@comcast.net
Thu Jul 30 23:24:37 EDT 2009

This entire musical chairs of call signs and frequency moves is making
my head hurt.

OK BCN is dead and WBZ-FM will be born fine..

Now since the WBMX calls were seldom used as the station was branded
MIX98 why move to 104.1????  I still think it is only because 98.5
covers most of Metro Providence which 104.1 does not.

The ship has sailed but I really wish the FCC had ruled long ago those
are your calls deal with it and we won't change anything unless you
are breaking or forming a combo AM-FM-TV

Is there anything more idiotic than WBEN-FM Philadelphia (no
disrespect to Mr. Franklin)