BZ Repeating Newscasts?

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@mail.com
Mon Jul 27 10:51:07 EDT 2009

>>the reporter doing a standup was at the BOSTON police
headquarters.

On Fox News Channel (IIRC) after the police union's news conference on Friday, the anchor came
back on and said, "Wow, things are getting hot over in Beantown!" Uh, that would be Cambridge, sir,
not "Beantown" and for that matter I don't know if I'm too crazy about that nickname for
Boston (much as a friend of mine,  orig. from Chicago, isn't crazy about 'the Windy City',
esp. since it was allegedly inspired by windy POLITICIANS but I digress). The bean companies
all moved out years ago, didn't they?

Oh well, people say in Boston even beans do it...But this is Cambridge, a different city in
a different county.

---
"Goodnight Beantown"--1983 sitcom about a newscast at a Boston TV station