Fwd: Break-In at NEMS Headquarters

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Sun Jul 26 17:51:48 EDT 2009

I don't know how many of you know Alan Lewis, or his tireless efforts
to preserve the history of New England's music scene.  He just sent
me and several other of his friends an e-mail about his home/office
being broken into.  I've known him for years and his is a shoestring
operation where he truly does try to do more with less.  If you are
not familiar with his site, it's
here:  http://www.geocities.com/nemsbook/home.htm  Best way to reach
him is via e-mail, since he can't even afford a phone right now.  His
direct e-mail is  <FredRemainsLost@Yahoo.com>

And with Garrett's kind permission, here is a portion of the e-mail
Alan sent.  If any BRI list-members can help him, I'd appreciate
it.  This is an honest guy and he has helped numerous musicians over
the years.  Perhaps some of us can help him, even if it is just to
drop him an e-mail and let him know you've been through it (I
certainly have, and it was no fun at all).