BZ Repeating Newscasts?

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Mon Jul 27 01:11:15 EDT 2009

On 25 Jul 2009 at 3:19, Roger Kirk wrote:

> Friday tonight (7/24) at 11:06 pm, the pre-recorded local portion of
> the news sounded exactly like a repeat of Thursday night's 11:06 pm
> pre-recorded local portion.

Seems to me I've seen a lot of repetition on NECN, including stories
that I thought were old news yesterday.

And on the same subject, I thought it rather odd that in an early
report on the incident involving Professor Gates and the CAMBRIDGE
police, the reporter doing a standup was at the BOSTON police
headquarters.

I've long thought that many standups are silly.  They supposedly give
the impression that the station or network is on top of the news by
having a reporter on the spot, but sometimes it's just stupid.  I'm
reminded of the reporter doing a standup live on the 11:00 PM news in
front of a closed Brookline District Courthouse about the Salvi
arraignment that morning.  Now we have an irrelevant standup in front
of some other city's police headquarters.