MEMORIES

thomas heathwood heritageradio@msn.com
Tue Jul 14 01:44:36 EDT 2009

RE: Sid and Kevin's comments about vintage radio personalities -
It has been my experience as an old-time broadcaster that "out of sight, out of mind"  applies.  I think that Larry and Jess were
recent enough and had a long and prominent history in Boston radio sufficient to stir memories of a large group of older listeners.
Once in a while someone will tell me they recall hearing me on WCRB, WBCN, or other local stations, but I was a "secondary"
personality and not generally remembered by most.  I have more audience contact nowadays at age 75 with my weekly netcast
than with any old-days experiences.  I recall Sherm Feller once saying that he was sure no one would remember him or any other
contemporary broadcasters 25 years from (then) now.  Sad, but true, it's like the Boston Herald column, "Who's In - Whos' Out"
Tom Heathwood     HeritageRadio@msn.com<mailto:HeritageRadio@msn.com>        7/14