Boston Analog TV are gone (was Re: [B-R-I] Re: Final Analog Shutdown Time(s?) Tomorrow?)

Peter Q. George radiojunkie3@yahoo.com
Mon Jul 13 00:48:49 EDT 2009

WCVB-TV (Channel 5) and WGBH-TV (Channel 2) were the last to go.  First WCVB-TV pulled the switch on their analog at 12:00:03 AM this morning.  WGBH-TV didn't shutdown until 12:07 AM. (Hey, these things happen, I guess).   So, effectively analog TV in Boston is closed.  By three AM, all mainland analog TV's will be gone.  By 5:00 AM, Alaska will say goodbye to analog.  Hawaii shutdown analog several months ago.

Goodbye, analog.

Peter Q. George (K1XRB)
Whitman, Massachusetts
"Scanning the bands since 1967"