Congrats Gil Santos

Bill O'Neill billohno@gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 15:48:15 EDT 2009

Kevin Vahey wrote:
> Sid
>
> I think the recent expressions of sadness over the death of Larry
> Glick shows it does matter to listeners.
>
> Boston.com had over a thousand comments on his death. Jess Cain as
> well and he had no current station to relive his career

Of course it matters. It is that WBZ has been out of touch with what
worked: "The Spirit of New England." It's like an old typecast actor who
fights the basis on which he or she was successful to begin with. And
then steps out to rebuild. Perspective reaffirms this for me. I'd pushed
the old "full service AC on AM is a unique brand that died too quickly"
only to ignore snickers. I'm still in ignore-mode on that one.  It's so
refreshing to be out of touch.

Bill O'Neill