Unintended Amusing side effects of RDS and its digital equivalent

David Moisan dmoisan@davidmoisan.org
Wed Jul 1 20:32:58 EDT 2009

Most likely, it goes right from the automation to whatever API the RDS system is using, and no one but you even noticed.

-----Original Message-----
From: boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.org [mailto:boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.org] On Behalf Of Brian Vita
Sent: Wednesday, July 01, 2009 7:58 PM
To: boston-radio-interest@rolinin.bostonradio.org
Subject: Unintended Amusing side effects of RDS and its digital equivalent

This post is not for the easily offended.

For a while I've been savagely amused by the RDS (and digital radio
equivalents) that sometimes show up on my various radio displays.  The most
consistently amusing display has been on the factory radios of my Nissan
vehicles.  For reasons that no one can explain to me, Nissan has mandated