Yet ANOTHER Brockton pirate!@#$* (BURRRRRR.....)

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@mail.com
Sat Jan 31 13:07:18 EST 2009

It was said there was a pirate on 96.5 in the Lynn area; just now I
drove through Saugus and there was a dead air signal there (unmodulated
carrier) though a pirate did come through on 89.3 (foreign)

>>at least took
an effort to make sure that no other stations would be interfered
with.

>>On top it, another
DX spot is ruined.  This is a joke.

Also some choose frequencies, like the aforemention 89.3 in my area,
that one could use for narrowcasting satellite radio or an mp3 player
in their own car (legally). Though when I turned on my XM (to hear
an old American Top 40 countdown on Ch 7) at 89.3 there was no
problems, despite the pirate--though the pirate was a bit further away.
Of course I paid extra for an improved antenna; in some cases it
might screw up the satellite radio recep on that given freq...

Meanwhile a couple people on radio boards are applauding pirate radio
stations like Touch 106.1. Yes, they may be providing music not
available elsewhere. But they are illegal! (And as has been said
before, imagine if ANOTHER pirate went on that same freq or an
adjacent one, how the fans of the first pirate would scream
bloody murder!)