Montreal cable and HDTV

Tim Ripley tim_ripley@yahoo.com
Tue Jan 27 07:50:13 EST 2009

________________________________
From: Doug Drown <revdoug1@verizon.net>
To: Matthew Osborne <mattosborne1976@yahoo.com>; Kevin Vahey <kvahey@comcast.net>; (newsgroup) Boston-Radio-Interest <boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2009 12:05:29 AM
Subject: Re: Montreal cable and HDTV

If I'm not mistaken, folks in the Fredericton, N.B., area also get WHDH, WBZ
and WXYZ as the principal American network stations on their cable.
Maritimers and Quebecois have long-held sentimental, economic and  familial
ties with Boston and the rest of New England, so I can see why the Boston
stations would be desirable there, but like you, I don't understand where
Detroit fits into the picture.  Must have something to do with some kind of
inaccessibility vis-a-vis WCVB.  Curiously, many Maritimers have no access
to Maine television, either, not even WAGM in Presque Isle.

-Doug

WAGM is carried on cable on the Rogers systems in the St. John River Valley (Edmundston through to Nackawic) and can be picked up OTA in Fredericton's western suburbs. Not sure about WMEM's range. WLBZ and WABI have relays in the Calais area (ch 57 and 61 respectively) that can be viewed in parts of Charlotte County, NB. The St, Andrews community channel, CHCT-TV,  makes reference to the Calais relays on their page on how to receive the St. Andrews channel.