Clear Channel Cuts Announced, 1850 People Out Of Work

Sean Smyth ssmyth@psualum.com
Tue Jan 20 22:19:56 EST 2009

On Tue, 1/20/09, Scott Fybush <scott@fybush.com> wrote:
> See my earlier response to Kevin about this...

I saw the point you made. You know much more about the industry than I, I'll gladly concede that any day, but something about the timing of this stinks. Just a gut reaction.

> Broadcast regulation is somewhere on his radar, in the form
> of more localism requirements and possibly revisiting
> ownership caps and broadcast/print cross-ownership,

This was what I was trying to get at. Might not be the worst thing in the world to beef up the FCC's powers (and presumably, its budget) to deal with such issues.