Stand Alone Translators?

Paul Hopfgarten paul@derrynh.net
Tue Jan 13 16:37:02 EST 2009

Saga has 2 translaters in the Manchester-Conocrd area..

94.1 W231BR Manchester
103.1 W276BJ Concord

Originally, 94.1 was VERY low power, basically useless anywhere and would vasilate between TXing WMLL (96.5 Bedford) and WFEA (1370 Manchester).

About 4-6 weeks ago, I noticed a pronounced increase in power on the 94.1 TX, where it is quite listenable in Derry.

At the same time, the 103.1 translater (also TXing 96.5) seemed to increase its coverage area as well. (Can pick up clean from Auburn to Hopkinton...only lose as I enter Derry)

About 10 days ago, Saga switched the 103.1 TX to a TX of WZID (95.7 Manchester). Totally unneeded, I thought...

Well, today......

BOTH 94.1 and 103.1 are TXing something called "Hits Now" which apparently eminates from Hollywood CA. Sounds like an internet station to me..

Now, IIRC, TXs can not operate independently...

I've also confirmed that 1370 AM is NOT playing this format/station.

My last guess is that maybe this is what's on WZID-HD2 (if they have one...)

Anyone know about this one????

-Paul Hopfgarten
-Derry NH