Gil Santos "retiring"

Sean Smyth ssmyth@psualum.com
Sun Jan 11 20:56:49 EST 2009

On Sun, 1/11/09, Kevin Vahey <kvahey@comcast.net> wrote:
> There was a period when Gil was shut out completely in
> Boston and he
> took the Penn State job ( I am guessing mid 80's ) when
> Dan Davis did
> BC and Curt Gowdy and Dale Arnold did the Pats.

Did he still do AM drive sports at WBZ? That's what I was led to believe. The commute from Boston to State College is not an easy one, even if you're flying and only doing it once a week.

> Gillette is considered the best for broadcasters in the NFL
> as the
> booth is at the club level but on the road......

I've been in the box there a couple times... you're in the far end zone. Aren't the broadcast booths in the corner of the end zone, too?