Gil Santos "retiring"

Kevin Vahey kvahey@comcast.net
Sun Jan 11 20:44:50 EST 2009

There was a period when Gil was shut out completely in Boston and he
took the Penn State job ( I am guessing mid 80's ) when Dan Davis did
BC and Curt Gowdy and Dale Arnold did the Pats.

Gillette is considered the best for broadcasters in the NFL as the
booth is at the club level but on the road......

The new buildings is what caused Fred Cusick to retire as he just
could not see from the upper levels. He did do AHL games at Lowell for
ATT3 in the late 90's because he could see the ice.