analog shutdown maybe delayed

Brian Vita brian_vita@cssinc.com
Sat Jan 10 23:15:43 EST 2009

Given the number of plasmas that I've seen in used in airports and other
public areas, I'd say no.

As someone who occasionally sells TV's I will make the some observations.
Most major brands offer both a consumer line and a professional line.  For
example, I've sold Panasonic and Panasonic Broadcast (the pro division).
The difference is that the consumer ones are loaded with extra inputs,
built-in speakers, etc and are designed to run for a few hours a day.  The
pro ones generally have fewer inputs (generally there are plug in modules
for specialty inputs), optional speakers, no tuner and are designed to run
24/7.  The difference in price is generally not too absurd ($200+/-)

Since the typical home theatre does the input switching through the
receiver, I've often opted for the pro units over the consumer ones.
They're more robust and I'm not fighting against Best Buy.

Brian