Hannity and Colmes

The Seacoast theseacoast@maine.rr.com
Sat Jan 10 15:49:20 EST 2009

Hi Dan:

I don't remember "Speed" on WEZE.  As I recall 1260 was known as "The
Wonderful World of Music", when I was in my early teens.  At that time, I
was still into WMEX, and to a lesser degree WRKO.

By the time I started listening to WEZE, they were a Top 40/Oldies hybrid of
some sort.  I think the line-up was Alan Colmes, Bill Lowell, Steve Hunter,
Keith Simmons (Ron Dryer), and Bob Stuart. (Other than Colmes and Stuart, I
don't exactly recall the jock shifts.) I know a few of the jocks changed
during the era.  Chip Hobart was in their somewhere, as was Neil Gran
(Cannon).

SS

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan.Strassberg [mailto:dan.strassberg@att.net]
Sent: Saturday, January 10, 2009 9:54 AM
To: theseacoast@ebradio.net; boston-radio-interest@lists.bostonradio.org
Subject: Re: Hannity and Colmes

What about "Speed" Anderson overnights on WEZE? I don't know that I
ever knew "Speed's" first name but he played great jazz (at least the
kind of jazz I enjoy; a lot of people probably think it doesn't
qualify for the name jazz). Given the current connotation of the word
speed, I suspect that if Anderson were alive today and working in
radio (he probably isn't; he didn't seem especially young in those
days and that was more than 30 years ago), he almost surely would have
needed some nickname other than Speed--or Easy Speed as he sometimes
called himself.

-----
Dan Strassberg (dan.strassberg@att.net)
eFax 1-707-215-6367