Well, you asked... (was: WBZ cuts Leveille, Cuddy, Dyett, poss. Desmarais)

Bill O'Neill billohno@gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 13:25:03 EST 2009

Donna Halper wrote:
> Did you guys get the e-mailed request from WBZ radio today asking "how
> are we doing" and welcoming our opinions?  I plan to weigh in.  Do any
> of you?  It was signed by Peter Casey, and the message reads:
>
> "Happy New Year! Hope 2009 is off to a great start!

Thanks to Donna for this opportunity!  Here's what I submitted:

What would you like to see on wbz1030.com that is not currently provided?

Not enough space here to crack the surface. Appalled at your dereliction
of duty by dismantling a once great heritage Spirit of New England. Not
since the failed Tom Snyder experiment has WBZ gone so low. Bring back
local talk now. There are enough reasons not to listen to traditional
radio. The very reasons I still listen to WBZ are evaporating. The very
hype you present in the outset of this email shows that you have either
drunk the Kool-Aid from CBS or you have another sweet gig in the works.
Wake up.

How can we make WBZ better for you?

Bring back the WBZ I grew up with. The best of times were with Maynard,
Glick, Raleigh, Bruds, LaVall., Diett. If I want a Flo-bee infomercial
I'll listen elsewhere on the dial. Your changes are an abomination, a
true disaster.

What word or phrase best describes WBZ?

The Former Spirit of New England
Dispirit of New England