no HD on BZ?

Peter Q. George radiojunkie3@yahoo.com
Mon Jan 5 14:04:54 EST 2009

I believe that 'BZ's main telco STL path requires them to go through upwards of 15 Central Offices to get that audio from Soldiers Field Road to Hull.  I can only imagine if only ONE of those telco CO's were to breach, good luck trying to find the actual offending circuit quickly.  But, a BIG station like WBZ ALWAYS has backups (I hope).  There's always microwave (good luck with SO much multipath prevalent on that water path to Hull).  Fiber? Maybe.  Satellite uplink, easy. "They're C-B-S!".