WBZ cuts Leveille, Cuddy, Dyett, poss. Desmarais

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Sun Jan 4 02:09:30 EST 2009

A. Joseph Ross wrote:
> On 3 Jan 2009 at 11:47, Garrett Wollman wrote:
>
>> Many portable media players have FM-only tuners in them.  How exactly
>> you'd make an AM tuner work in that form factor and RF environment is
>> left as an exercise.
>
> Why is that any different from a Walkman or an old-style transistor
> radio?

Neither had a high-speed microprocessor (and all the RF hash it
generates) at its core, as an iPod or its competitors do.

Ever tried using that Walkman or old-style transistor radio on AM near a
laptop computer? Noise city...at least in the vicinity of my laptop.